Thursday, September 14, 2023

 September 14, 2023

Here's the drawing from the last post, with color added.  I like the way it turned out, but I may do a few drawings without adding any color.  We'll see.  Anyway, I used watercolors over the permanent technical pen ink drawing.  I sprayed a fixative over the final artwork to protect it.  

If my reader is interested, you might try doing some drawings with technical pens, either Micron (which is non-refillable and cheaper to buy), and has different widths just like the Kohl-i-Noor technical pens.  I find it very interesting to play with the different width pens (line widths), as the thinner widths have a delicate feel to them and inspires more detail, while the thicker or wider lines have a bolder, and maybe more immediate impact.  I think I prefer the thinner line pens.  By the way, I was thinking that if you ever find yourself stuck while creating (drawing for example), try switching your media, say from pencil to brush and ink.  You might find yourself able to make a 'breakthrough'. 

I'm currently on vacation, so haven't done much else in the way of artwork, however, when I get back at the end of September, I need to start work on my 2024 calendar art.  I had a glimmer one night, about a possible drawing to use for the calendar, but we'll have to see what develops.  

Thanks for reading, Russ Eng

StudioEng.com