Friday, June 9, 2023

 6-9-23

 

 The top picture is a sketch is about half way through the drawing/creating process.  Here I have the basic composition mapped out.  I have yet to add detail and making other adjustments.  The idea for the drawing just came out of my head, meaning I just started drawing and let the drawing evolve on its own....or whatever comes up, comes up.  The trouble with using permanent ink, which I did here, is that you can't erase anything.  What you put down is permanent.  I guess it goes along with the idea that I've long held, that an artist has the right to 'blow it' and sometimes you have to go through the bad stuff to get to the good stuff.  And, occasionally, you get a 'run' of great stuff that comes up in your work. 

The bottom picture has the drawing pretty much finished.  I will be adding watercolor washes to it.