Friday, December 1, 2023

 


 December 1, 2023

I can't believe it's that time of year again, the holiday season.  Where has the year gone?  It seems like the older I get, the faster a year goes by.  I remember as a kid, about 8?, that the summers seemed really long.  In a way, I wish for those carefree days, days that were innocent and fun, especially compared to the world we are all living in now.  Now, we need to actively search for or create our little islands of peace, love, safety, fun.....and the list could go on, right?  

Getting or doing this year's calendar art was a scramble.  I confess to getting a late start.  I didn't feel I had the luxury of time to slowly develop an idea.  Feeling the pressure of a deadline, I told myself, "All right, time to put the 'pedal to the metal'.  Just do it and don't take your sweet time!"  

Anyway, so here it is.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I started one thumbnail sketch and that was it.  I 'had' to make it work.  All or much of my work is about creating a safe, fun, and whimsical space for one to take refuge and be in.  Hope you like it.  

Thanks for reading.  Russ

Calendars are available at ArtstudioEng.com  >fine art gallery>calendars