Thursday, October 20, 2022

 

Here's a quick sketch (I like to call it a 'thumbnail sketch') of my 2023 Calendar.  It's just a rough pencil sketch and is not supposed to be a finished drawing.  Thumbnails are are try out different compositions/layouts to see if it works and I like it.  If I think it might work, I'll continue to add more detail and block things out more.  I decided to go ahead and use this idea.  The sketch has enough information for me to transfer onto the final copy. 

My next step will be to prepare final copy Bristol paper, cut to size, and layout the border lines.  I will ink in the borders.  After that dries, I will start to draw in with pencil (0.5mm or 0.3mm) the decorative motifs around the border and start drawing everything inside the border.  More later.  

10-20-22  Russ Eng