Wednesday, July 15, 2020





I did this one about a month ago.  It's a relatively small painting.  I was running out of blank canvases and this was the only one left.  What I found interesting about this painting is that it just 'came out'.  I stared at the canvas, an idea came to me, I started sketching the 'vision' in with a a bristle brush, and the developing and finishing of the painting was 'quick and painless'.  It reminded me of something I learned a long time ago in art school.  This is the way it goes.  Sometimes you have to go through the s___ to get to the good stuff.  Sometimes you have to struggle like crazy with a painting or several paintings, and sometimes, (once in a while or greater?) you get to give birth to a work or series of work painlessly, effortlessly.  It just flows.  I guess life is like that too. 

Russ Eng
ArtstudioEng.com